|Job Title||Fleet Technician|
|Reports to||Fleet Supervisor|
|Shifts hiring||Full-time, Weekends, Night Shift|
|Pay Grade||$ 30-$37/hr|
Hourly Wage Range: $30.00 -$37.00 an hour
Job Title: Fleet Technician
Exempt (Y/N): No
Reports To: Fleet Supervisor
Date Revised: May 16, 2023
Interested in a career with advancement opportunities?
We are looking to fill immediate openings in our North Division Fleet Department. We are looking for full-time applicants who are interested in Fleet Services.
We are a rapidly expanding company and offer health benefits, company match 401k plan, PTO and competitive pay scale based on experience.
Summary of Basic Requirements:
Knowledge of and experience with emergency vehicles is a plus but not a requirement. Company provided training and growth potential as well as training through Rotunda/Ford direct.
- Must have basic knowledge of vehicles and own a basic set of tools.
- Must be thorough and organized to keep detailed records on vehicles serviced.
- Must have clean New York State Driver's License.
- Must pass drug screening and background check.
- Prior knowledge of Ford vehicles as well as basic components including but not limited to steering, suspension, and brakes.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects such as tires, and parts for long periods of time.
Class A or B Technician:
- Meets requirements of Lube Technician outlined above.
- Strong knowledge of vehicle electronics/capability to read advanced wiring diagrams.
- Must know how to perform extensive repairs including but not limited to Cylinder head replacement, Engine replacement, Transmission replacement.
- Knowledge of Rotunda VCMM is a plus.
- Knowledge of proper welding techniques to use a Wire feed Mig System.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Prompt and regular attendance at work.
Perform all activities required by company preventative maintenance program.
Perform drivability diagnostics on all company owned vehicles (gas and diesel).
Repair all company owned vehicles.
Diagnose and repair all specialty equipment and electrical systems (generator, emergency, communication, hydraulic lifts, stretchers etc.).
Remove vehicles from service as necessary for preventative maintenance and repairs.
Perform preventative maintenance or repairs as appropriate to ensure safe and reliable operations.
Ensure proper safe-guarding of tools, equipment, parts, and supplies.
Prepare or complete all work orders and failure reports.
Maintain a clean and safe work place.
Perform other such duties as may be required.
High school diploma or equivalent
Certified A Mechanic perferrerd
Minimum of two years’ experience as a journeyman in automotive or truck repair.
Occasionally: Kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning. Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
Frequently: Hearing/listening, clear speech, reaching, touching.
Works outdoors and indoors with occasional exposure to hazardous conditions, fumes/odors, extended day, and temperature changes. Exposure to noise, mechanical equipment and electrical equipment.