|Job Title||EMT - (Basic)|
|Department||EMS Field Operations|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time|
|Additional Information||Based out of the Westchester division|
|Pay Grade||$18.00 per hour|
Based out of the Westchester division
Hourly Wage: $ 18.75 an hour
Job Summary: Providing both emergency and non-emergency transport of patients. Empress EMT'S & Paramedics will collaborate with their direct supervisors, Municipal & County Fire, Police departments as well as other medical staff, patients and family members. To provide the highest level of patient care and customer service. At the direction of the Operations Department, the EMT will perform or assist with a wide variety of patient care activities in both the pre-hospital and hospital setting. The EMT is expected to provide supportive and definitive care to the patient of groups or group of patients. The EMT will provide care in the emergency setting as well as care to the patients during inter-facility transportation.
Requirements for Employment:
- Current New York State Certification (EMT-B) and current CPR Certification. The EMT is required to maintain valid certification at this level at all times. And any other local region requirements.
- A valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record, which meets the underwriting guidelines of our insurance carrier. The EMT is required to maintain his/her driving status. The EMT is required to maintain a valid driver’s license at all times.
- Negative Drug Tests. Empress Ambulance Service will arrange testing day and time
- Satisfactorily completes all aspects of the pre-employment process administered by/ for Empress Ambulance Service, LLC including drug screening/background check and CPAT
- Employees are hired as and are considered probationary for a period of 180 days.
Work Environment: Works outdoors and indoors with occasional exposure to hazardous conditions and to blood/body fluids, requires respirator use, fumes/odors, extended day, and temperature changes. Frequently works with others, face-to-face contact with others with exposure to noise, mechanical equipment, and electrical equipment. Performs shift work and performs duties frequently in a mobile environment and in confined areas.
Job Description: Main Duties
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates patient care within the scope of established treatment protocols and the current standard of care.•Provides accurate and pertinent written documentation of all patient care and EMS responses.
- Completes ALL required Empress and NYS paperwork.
- Maintains all patient care equipment, vehicles, supplies, daily logs and patient care record as directed by the company.
- Operates Empress Vehicles and equipment as required, according to company policy. Maintains a safe and orderly work environment and promotes safe work practices for all employees.
- Reports to work on time and understands that due to the nature of EMS, the EMT’s assigned shift may exceed the assigned time for the end of the shift. Mandatory overtime may be assigned.
- Work schedules encompass a variety of shifts. The EMT may be required, as part of his/her normal duties, to work ANY of the shifts available.•Follows all Empress Policies and Procedures.
- Attends mandatory continuing medical education, updates and staff meetings as required by Empress.
- Complies with the established guidelines for uniform dress and standard equipment regulations.
- Assist in the provision of public information and educational programs designed to promote EMTS and the services offered by Empress, to the community and alliedEMS agencies.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is required to sit; climb or balance; step, stoop, kneel, or crouch.The employee must frequently lift and/or carry a maximum of 150 pounds unassisted and up to 300 pounds as part of a two-person crew. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Will be required to render appropriate medical care to patients suffering from various communicable diseases. The EMT will follow the recommendations for personal protection as currently issued by New York State Department of Health EMS Bureau.
- Will be prepared to encounter violent or abusive patients. The EMT will take necessary steps to insure his/her own safety at all times.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned or outlined in the Empress EmployeeManual.
Job Description: Emergency Medical Technician - Basic EMT-B
The EMT-B has the following responsibilities and performs the following job functions:
Company Assigned Duties:
- Accurate written documentation of PCR and any requested reports
- Completion of daily vehicle inspection, equipment check, and daily log
- Restocks of all used medical and trauma supplies
- Proper use of radio, cellular and other communication devices
- Maintaining a clean, safe work environment in all company vehicle and stations
- Rapid, thorough patient care history and physical exam
- Prioritization of care
- Patient interview
- BLS assessment
- Oral Suctioning
- Oral Airways
- BVM ventilation
- Oxygen administration
- BCLS CPR administration
- Use of Semi-Automatic Defibrillator
- Spinal Motion Restriction and immobilization when required
- Use of extrication devices
- Traction and Splinting
- Emergency child birth
- Triage of multiple casualties
- Familiarization of Incident Command System
- Crisis Intervention and other communication skills
- Operation of vehicle safely in emergency and non-emergency mode
Continuing Education Requirements:
- Maintenance of EMT Certification, attending NYS rectification classes as needed
- Current BCLS Certification
- Attendance at company in-service/updates as required