|Job Title||Emergency Medical Technician - Basic|
|Location||New York, NY|
|Department||EMS Field Operations|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time|
|Additional Information||Based out of the Montefiore division|
Based out of the Montefiore division
Hourly Wage- $18.75 an hour
Providing emergency treatment and transport of patients. Empress EMT'S & Paramedics will collaborate with their direct supervisors, Municipal & County Fire, Police departments as well as other medical staff, patients and family members. To provide the highest level of patient care and customer service.
At the direction of the Operations Department and in collaboration with FDNY EMS supervision, the EMT will perform or assist with a wide variety of patient care activities in both the pre-hospital and hospital setting. The EMT is expected to provide supportive and definitive care to the patient or groups of patients.
The EMT will provide care in the emergency setting as well as care to patients during transport.
Requirements for Employment:
- Current New York State Certification (EMT) and current AHA- BCLS Certifications. The EMT is required to maintain valid certification at this level at all times. And any other local region
- A valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record, which meets the underwriting guidelines of our insurance carrier. The EMT is required to maintain his/her driving status. The EMT is required to maintain a valid driver’s license at all times.
- Negative Drug Tests. Empress Ambulance Service will arrange testing day and time
- Satisfactorily completes all aspects of the pre-employment process administered by/ for Empress Ambulance Service, LLC including drug screening/background check/ VAXING Process and CPAT where applicable
- Employees are hired as and are considered probationary for a period of 180 days.
Works outdoors and indoors with occasional exposure to hazardous conditions and to blood/body fluids, requires respirator use, fumes/odors, extended day, and temperature changes. Frequently works with others, face-to-face contact with others with exposure to noise, mechanical equipment, and electrical equipment. Performs shift work and performs duties frequently in a mobile environment and in confined areas.
Job Description: Main Duties
- Prompt and regular attendance at
- Provide quality patient care utilizing thorough knowledge and appropriate administration of current New York State And NYC REMAC Basic Life Support Protocols.
- Assess and treat with appropriate techniques (resources and equipment), any medical or trauma situation while maintaining the highest standard of patient care and professionalism according to current company
- Must maintain neat and professional appearance at all times in accordance with company
- Maintain the ambulance and equipment in a clean, organized and response ready mode.
- Complete all patient care reports for each response with appropriate and complete patient care documentation and billing
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with other individuals within the community and EMS
- Responsible for adhering to all policies and
- Responsible for maintaining current state and CPR Certifications
- Must attend Continuing Education (CE) courses as needed to maintain certification
- Must be able to provide clear and concise reports to healthcare workers in facilities
- Performs other such duties as may be
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned or outlined in the Empress Employee Manual.
Job Description: EMT- Montefiore Division
The EMT has the following responsibilities and performs the following job functions:
Company Assigned Duties:
- Accurate written documentation of PCR and any requested reports
- Completion of daily vehicle inspection, equipment check, and daily log
- Restocks of all used medical and trauma supplies
- Proper use of radio, Mobile Data Terminal, cellular and other communication devices
- Maintaining a clean, safe work environment in all company vehicles and stations
- Rapid, thorough patient care, history taking and physical exam
- Prioritization of care
- Patient interview
- BLS assessment
- Oral Suctioning
- Oral Airways
- BVM ventilation
- Oxygen administration
- BCLS CPR administration
- Use of AED
- BLS Medication administration
- Spinal Motion Restriction and immobilization when required
- Use of extrication devices
- Traction and Splinting
- Emergency child birth
- Triage of multiple casualties
- Familiarization of Incident Command System
- Crisis Intervention and other communication skills
- Operation of vehicle safely in emergency and non-emergency mode
Continuing Education Requirements:
- Maintenance of EMT Certification, attending NYS rectification classes as needed
- Current BCLS Certification
- Remain current on NYC REMAC protocols and guidelines
- Attendance at company in-service/updates as required
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Driver’s License
• Clean Driving Record
• New York State EMT Certification
• Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
• Must be at least 19 years of age
• Clean criminal background
• Negative pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
· Two years NYC 911 experience or equivalent
• Associates degree in Emergency Medical Technology
• National Registry Certification as a EMT